What Happens in a Tarot Reading?
At The Wellness Foundry, we believe it’s a great honour to read for others and support you wherever you are on your journey. However, we understand if you’re not used to having readings, you can wonder what happens in a Tarot reading? Here are our tips on how to get the best out of your session:
Here are a few guidelines to ensure you know what to expect to get the most out of your reading. Please take the time to read through it all:
1) Tarot is a diagnostic tool, like an X-ray, which gives you clarity, assurance and insight into your present circumstance, helping you to move forward by making positive changes. It is not a predictive measure. We look at likely outcomes but more as unfolding patterns of your current situation. Ultimatimately, your willpower and choice mean you’re always in charge of your own destiny.
2) The 1-hour reading is divided into three sections:
i) A brief 5-minute introduction and housekeeping – a chance for our practitioners to explain how they work and what happens in a Tarot reading. You can ask any questions about the sitting or anything else you might like us to know. For example, areas you would like us to focus on or things you would like to omit.
ii) 40mins of ‘stream of conscious’ – the reader will try to look at every area of your life, work, love life, health, friendships and finances. It is up to our Guides and the cards, which we talk about first unless you would like us to concentrate on one area.
iii) 10~15min at the end for any direct questions you may have or anything you would like us to cover that we have not had a chance to in the first section. Therefore, it is strongly recommended you come up with two or three specific questions you would like some guidance around.
If, within the first 15 minutes, either party feels the reading is not suitable for them at this time, our practitioner will offer you a later date, an alternative session or a refund.
3) It’s a great idea to come to your reading with a clear intention of what you want to get out of it. This intention might be you’re looking for an overview or gaining insight and guidance to a particular question, obstacle or area of your life. Also, take a few moments to relax before our reading; we’re tuning into your current emotional state, so if you’re rushing to our consultation, it might interfere with the tone of the sitting.
4) If your reading is via video call, ensure that you have a good WiFi connection and your video and microphone settings are on. It’s worth checking before our call, just to be sure. If you’re using a mobile phone to take the call, that’s absolutely fine; just ensure that it’s propped up against something, so the camera does not shake and please turn off all notifications. A reading works best if we work in a calm environment without distractions.
5) You’re very welcome to bring a notebook and pen to write messages down. You can also record your reading; indeed, we encourage it, so you can listen back later, but please do not record without our consent. We encourage recording the session as there will invariably be themes, names, and details that have zero relevance to you now but will make sense on later listening. Therefore, as a rule of thumb, listen back to the reading in a week, six weeks and six months’ time.
There is usually a voice recorder app on your phone; we suggest looking for or downloading it before the reading, as we do not want to eat into your session time.
6) At The Wellness Foundry, we pride ourselves on creating safe, nurturing and welcoming environments where you get to share freely. Know that all our sessions are kept entirely confidential; we will not discuss any details of our sittings with anyone else.
7) We tend not to make much eye contact with our clients as we’re giving a reading – this is not because we are distracted or nervous, but simply part of the process. We might also say, “They are showing me” or “They are giving me” – this is us referring to our Guides.
8) Most of all, come with an open heart and mind and enjoy yourself!