What is a Psychic Reading?
At The Wellness Foundry, we believe it to be a great honour to read for others and support you wherever you are on your journey. However, we understand if you’re not used to having readings, you can wonder what is a psychic reading and how does it work? Here are our tips on how to get the best out of your session:
1) As with any consultancy, please keep your own counsel. Messages and guidance delivered in a setting is only ever suggestion, designed to assure, assist and guide. Take that which you find helpful and leave behind what you don’t. A psychic reading is not about predicting the future, but rather what choices and action are availble to you for your greatest successes and happiness.
2) The 1-hour reading is divided into three sections:
i) A brief 5-minute introduction and housekeeping – a chance for our practitioners to explain how they work and what is a psychic reading exactly. You can ask any questions about the sitting or anything else you might like us to know. For example, areas you would like us to focus on or things you would like to omit.
ii) 40mins of ‘stream of conscious’ – the reader will try to look at every area of your life, work, love life, health, friendships and finances. It is up to our Guides and the cards, which we talk about first unless you would like us to concentrate on one area.
iii) 10~15min at the end for any direct questions you may have or anything you would like us to cover that we have not had a chance to in the first section. Therefore, it is strongly recommended you come up with two or three specific questions you would like some guidance around.
If, within the first 15 minutes, either party feels the reading is not suitable for them at this time, our practitioner will offer you a later date, an alternative session or a refund.
3) It’s a great idea to come to your reading with a clear intention of what you want to get out of it. This might simply be you’re looking for an overview, or to gain insight and guidance for a particular question, obstacle or area of your life. Also, take a few moments to relax before our reading; I’m tuning into your current emotional state, so if you’re rushing to our call it might interfere with the tone of the sitting.
4) You’re very welcome to bring a notebook and pen to write messages down. You can also record your reading; indeed, we encourage it, so you can listen back later, but please do not record without our consent. We encourage recording the session as there will invariably be themes, names, and details that have zero relevance to you now but will make sense on later listening. Therefore, as a rule of thumb, listen back to the reading in a week, six weeks and six months’ time.
5) If your reading is via video call, ensure that you have a good WiFi connection and your video and microphone settings are on. It’s worth doing a check before our call, just to be sure. If you’re using a mobile phone to take the call that’s absolutely fine, just ensure that it’s propped up against something, so the camera does not shake and please turn off all notifications. A reading works best if we work in a calm environment without distractions.
6) At The Wellness Foundry we pride ourselves on creating safe, nurturing and welcoming environments, where you get to share freely. Know that all our sessions are kept entirely confidential; I will not discuss any details of our sittings with anyone else.
7) It works best if the reading is uninterrupted, and we can go through questions in the final 10~15minutes. Of course, if something resonates or you want me to repeat something I’ve said, please say. You don’t have to sit in silence; this is your hour and I want you to get the most out of it as possible.
8) I tend not to make much eye contact with my client as I’m giving a reading – not because I am distracted or nervous, but it’s simply part of the process. I may also say, “They are showing me or they are giving me.” – this is me referring to my Guides.
9) If you have booked or a spirit portrait you will be able to take the drawings with you to keep. Or if it is via a video call, I will post the drawings to you. Due to the nature of the work, contact with a specific loved one is never 100% guaranteed as it is spirit who chooses to step forward.
10) Most of all, come with an open heart and mind and enjoy yourself!